I just realized that I have been pretty lax on updating the blog this week, so I apologize for that. I have good news to share!
This past week I spent my days at RMHC fighting off what I initially thought was allergies, but came to discover was likely a bad cold. Because of my symptoms, I stayed away from the hospital but got daily updates from Chris on her progress. My poor husband, he’s had to do almost all of the work this week.
He said today was an eventful day in therapy. The beginning of the week she kept the same schedule with OT at 10 and PT at 1, but today they combined the sessions into one and both therapists worked with her at the same time. They were able to put her in a contraption that allows her to suspend from the ceiling. Chris said she “walked” much better in it than she did the gait trainer. He also said the therapists had her stand in front of the desk that holds the computer game today. They have been doing this during the week, but today she was able to stand without assistance for 45 seconds. She was able to correct her posture with her knees buckling. This is big progress compared to what she could do standing last week!
We are back in Orange Beach for the weekend again. We will be meeting someone from Coastal Medical to get Annadelle’s new wheelchair that is being donated by them. I cried for hours after they told me about the donation. In my defense, I also poured out all of my anxieties on Nicole when talking about it so maybe it wasn’t just the donation. But still.
We will have three more days of therapy next week and they will finally release us to regular outpatient after Wednesday. We will be traveling to a clinic in Mobile for outpatient therapy. This particular clinic partners with CRS, so if we want help covering any medical equipment we have to use that clinic. We have decided to try it out and see how well she does there before trying to transfer her to a clinic in Orange Beach or Mobile.
Even though we are being released to regular outpatient therapy, we have still been approved for KKI. I spoke with KKI yesterday and if we decide to go inpatient we will admit on January 7th and will be there for 3-4 weeks. I asked about the possibility of going outpatient due to the fact the rooms are shared and only one parent can spend the night in the room. They can admit her outpatient but she was not sure when they would have an outpatient opening. She was suppose to call me today to let me know but I never heard from her. I will check with her again on Monday.
It doesn’t matter if we go inpatient or outpatient, we will still need a place to stay in Baltimore. If you happen to know of my housing close to KKI or Johns Hopkins Hospital, please let me know. I have a limited amount of time to find a place to stay if we do admit on January 7.
As far as our travel to Baltimore, we actually had someone offer to fly us there and back. I really can’t believe the generosity of total strangers and have definitely felt overly blessed.
Please continue to keep our baby girl in your prayers, as we are far from being out of the woods. Every day I pray and ask God that he give her full restoration and healing, and also to give me patience and understanding. I ask that you pray specifically that she show signs of improvement in her legs so that she may walk again and maybe get some independence back.