November 15, 2018

The following text has been copied from a Facebook post on my personal profile that has now been set to private. It is part of a series of posts providing details about the first part of my daughter’s fight with Transverse Myelitis. 

We are still playing the waiting game today. Children’s of Birmingham is currently full and they are diverting to other hospitals. We have been approved to go there, but from what I understand we are waiting to see if our insurance will pay for us to stay here until Children’s gets a bed. Our option might be to go home and then travel to Birmingham when a bed is open. It all depends on what insurance will pay for.

We are also waiting to hear back from KKI. There is still a possibility that we could be going to Baltimore but we won’t know for sure until we hear back from them. KKI is our first choice for rehab.

We had a great morning with PT. We put her in the gait trainer so she could “walk”. She moved both of her legs this morning and was much more comfortable in the trainer than she was yesterday. It is baby steps at this point but she is definitely improving. Praise God! Side note: I got permission to get the photo of the PTA helping Annadelle.

Please continue to pray for our sweet girl!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.