The following text has been copied from a Facebook post on my personal profile that has now been set to private. It is part of a series of posts providing details about the first part of my daughter’s fight with Transverse Myelitis.
Our princess got to go on an adventure around the hospital! She did so well on lower oxygen last night that they took her off the high flow and placed her on the nasal canula, so it looks like we may move out of the PICU tomorrow!
Praise God for continued healing! Please continue to pray for this sweet angel of ours.
Annadelle seems to have taken a step backward in mobility today. We have tried to get her to move her left foot today to no avail. We are hoping when PT returns tomorrow that they will be able to get her to use it. We haven’t determined if she can’t use it or just doesn’t want to because she fears it will hurt.
It hurts my heart to see videos of her just a few weeks ago as she was laughing and playing like any other child. I had no idea we would be in this situation at that time. Here are some photos of her just a few weeks ago.
Hold your babies close tonight and always. In the blink of an eye, your whole life can change. To put it in perspective, there was literally a 1 in a million chance of acquiring transverse myelitis. We would have had better odds of winning a Powerball jackpot.